Friday, October 20, 2017

Change of Plans

What a difference a day makes.  I had been feeling just a bit weary at work (and frankly more than a little fed up with the incompetence I was encountering every day).  Also, I haven't been sleeping well, waking up several times a night.  So I thought I would take it kind of easy and work from home today.

After I made this decision, some low-level cold took over my body, as if I couldn't actually enjoy any time off (or at least the saving of the commute time) and I had to actually be sick.  That said, there was still a lot to do today, so I pressed on and got several things accomplished.  Then around 4, I went to bed and slept until roughly 7.

I had already decided I wasn't going to be able to go to the Seven Siblings' show tonight (and I am still undecided about going at all).  I am definitely not going to take my daughter swimming on Sat.  There is a small chance that I will attempt to take her on Sunday, but that would require a very quick purging of this cold.  I also will not be taking the McMichael art bus.  If I want to take it, it will have to be next Sunday.  It's also extremely unlikely I will see Blade Runner 2049 or Life After this weekend.  I may be able to see the movie next weekend, but if I want to see the musical, it will probably have to be mid-week (and I am already seeing George Walker's The Catch on Thurs.).

The only thing I am likely to do tomorrow is go over the bridge to the mall, pick up some cold medicine (everything in the house is expired) and maybe a burrito from the food court.  I mostly need to rest up, since I am determined to make it to Toronto Cold Reads on Sunday night.

So if you will excuse me, I am off to bed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment