Saturday, August 30, 2014

Whimsy

Every so often I indulge in a flight of whimsy.  I am feeling an attack of whimsy right now.

I was looking up something about Aurora, Ontario (incidentally just north of our suburban office location -- I so can't imagine working there every day*).

This is apparently the train station.


Where had I seen this before.  And then it struck me:


Ok, not a perfect match, but pretty close.

No?

How about now?



Now?  Still no?

Well, that's the problem with whimsy.  It sometimes falls flat.

And with that, I do need to head back to the Russians.


* Another whimsical idea I had was to dream up a sitcom set in a suburban office park.  Unless I am totally mistaken, nearly all of the workplace sitcoms (and there aren't even that many of those) are distinctly urban.  The movie Office Space might be suburban -- I'd have to refresh my memory.  At any rate, it would be semi-surreal with a transfer from the downtown office coming every week and dying of boredom and essentially being stacked in the corner.  And definitely a bit where they have to drive to get to the food court across the street!  I think this actually has some possibilities, but I don't know the right people to make it happen.  So typical. So frustrating.)

No comments:

Post a Comment